Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Diligence

Bird Update

I wrote a few months back about the problems I had been having with birds in my 65 foot Pine tree.  I kind of outlined how I would proceed with my bird eradication  mission.  And mission it was. 
This year I fought back big time and won!   In early April, I heard the first squawks of the season.  I connected our piano keyboard to our guitar amplifier and fired away!  Each morning between 5:00 and 5:30 if one was awake, I could be heard blasting away at the night Herons who insisted on nesting in my tree.

Incredibly not one neighbor complained!

Each morning I would count about how many flew out of the tree;  2 dozen, 3 dozen, 1 dozen, 4 dozen, then one day there were so many, I used one of my husbands favorite terms; butt load, which incidentally is a unit of measure,  http://www.howtogeek.com/trivia/if-you-have-a-butt-load-of-something-how-much-of-it-do-you-have/ , each morning it took 15 to 20 minutes of hassling so they would not return that day.

I was so tired each morning when I would hear the squawks,  many mornings I just wanted to stay in bed and hassle them later.  But no,  I got up and went outside saying to myself. "Oh no you don't!"

That diligence paid off!  It took about 3 weeks, then they were gone.  Not one bird was left in my tree! Where they went, no one knows.  I just chalk it up to what the Bible at Ecclesiastes 9:15 says about a city:  "And there was found in it a man (or woman),* needy [but]*wise, and that one provided escape for the city by his (her)wisdom.+ But no man remembered that needy man (woman).

There were no birds to be found in the whole town!  I saved the whole town from those birds this year. Think I got credit?  Hah!  But that is okay.  I could walk under my tree this year.  No dead bird stench, no big bird poop over everything.  Just a quiet and peaceful summer and fall.

Lesson learned?  Diligence pays off!  Any goal that is diligently and persistently worked at can and will be realized!

Next year those birds may try to return to my 65 foot Pine tree.  You know what I have to say about that?

"OH NO THEY WON'T!"

No comments:

Post a Comment