Monday, October 24, 2011

Murphy's (Karita's) Law

 Friday before last I was about to sell my husbands Volkswagon Vanagon for way more than he paid for it.  Problem was I couldn't find the paperwork.

Every other vehicle file was there except the Vanagon's.  I went through the entire filing cabinet that morning.  Still no papers.  Sale postponed.
Last Monday I needed to have my car smogged.  It failed.  It was an additional $300.00 to get the tags.

Last Wednesday, I drove into my driveway and noticed water seeping up from the ground.  The water pipe had broken.  After my husband's death, I had thought about getting the insurance the water company offers, set the paperwork aside and forgot about it.  My sons who know how to fix pipes were out of town and wouldn't be back for a couple of days. 

So this morning I awoke thinking about Murphy's Law.   I began wondering where this set of laws originated.  No one really seems to know, but I believe if you've lived long enough, and experienced life for any length of time any one of us could own it!  From here on out I'm going to call it Karita's Law, because I know for a certainty anything that can go wrong will go wrong, and  if there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one that will cause the most damage will be the one to go wrong.


That was last week. But I'm not so naive as to forget this other law of Karita.  Just when you think things cannot get any worse, they will. We'll see how this week turns out.  Have a nice week!

2 comments:

  1. Good thing we know we have a greater law to depend, eh! : ) How are you doing sis? Love your blog; you do well. I've never been able to keep up with one for this long. lol I will sending you and order soon. I'm almost out of my skin cream and my bath salts are all gone. : ( I've become so spoiled by them that I don't like taking baths without them. Now I just take showers until I can order more, . . . soon! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing okay. This week things are looking up.
    Was invited to the special zone meeting. What a blessing! Karita

    ReplyDelete