Monday, October 3, 2011

Counting Your Blessings

They say cancer patients have good days and bad days.  Dealing with grief is kind of like that.  It can be a bright and sunny day, then all of a sudden a dark gloomy cloud rests overhead.  Out of nowhere.  It could be a smell, a song, a phrase, or just looking at a photo in passing that triggers it.

I've been told the pain softens over time, but time seems to be dragging!  I realize it's a process that one must go through to be healthy on the other side.

At the end of each day  I try to think of a blessing  I received that day and write it down.  It may be  simply  my daughter's safe return from the next town, or getting the resources to cover a hefty utility bill.

Karita's Book of Blessings
To cope, I have to look for the blessings in that day. As the pain softens, and time passes, I may look back at my book and be able to count many  blessings!

I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment